Wednesday, April 22, 2009

There can be fear.

Stand Firm on the Mountain
Exodus 14:13,14 & Exodus 15:17

I stand sword ready to fight the fear.
Fear rose up out of the ebony of night.
Even as the soft grey of dawn approached.
I lie awake, in prayer, my sword, unsheathed.
Refusing to give in to the fear that assaulted me.
I know my Lord,
He is mighty and able to save!
What does being rescue look like?
I do not know the how or the when.
Instead I will climb the mountain.
My feet shall stand on the rock.
The rock of Christ!
On His power, on His resurrection!
Keeping my shield up, to deflect
the arrows of doubt that ping against the metal.
And when I grow weary and must lay my sword down to rest.
The Lord, himself, will fight the fight.
Until I am able to once more.

Karen Winters 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment